… birthday in a HOT AIR ballon.
My daughter is 6 month old today, I already plan for her 1st Birthday. She likes looking at the picture of a cow with a red barn behind her rocking chair. I know that would be perfect theme for her 1st birthday. Instead of the a bunch of animals having a blast in a barn, I want to take them up for a hot air balloon ride. Here is sketch her birthday cake.
Feel free to make this cake before I do, but don’t forget to send me some pictures. I would like to know how you interpret my sketch.
To make this HOT AIR balloon cake assembly, you’ll need:
- 2 or 3 layer of basket-weave cakes – 9″ would be ideal. You may substitute the cake with dummy cake. You can do the basket-weave with icing or fondant. If you like shortcut, use a real basket; put foam or cabbage inside as a base to stick your cake-pops
|Instruction to make basket-weave|
|Different style of basket-weave|
- Animal character cake-pops
|Let’s invite more friends …here are Barnyard extended friends|
- latex balloon – 17″, or any light weight ball to resemble baloon
- ribbon or stick to hold the balloon
|approx. $ 9.99 per 25|
|approx. $ 3.99 per set|
|you can even make your own farm animal balloon|
- 2 different size boxes wrapped with hay-pattern paper, or use real hay straws.
- some cupcakes decorated with hay pattern icing – use ‘grass’ tip # 133.
- cow print balloons, or a set of farm animal balloons – regular size
- solid color latex balloons – regular size. I prefer blue and white to assemble clouds in the sky
- picnic blanket / throw to put your party favors or baskets
- streamer with wordings: ‘(kid’s name) 1st BARNDAY’ – optional
Some ideas for Party favors,
- strawberry jelly or chocolate dipping in baby food jar
- strawberry in a aluminum bucket
Food and beverages:
- sandwiches in a picnic basket
- strawberry lemonade. or non-alcoholic sangria
- sangria wine for adult
dress your kid with farm outfit, such as checkered outfit, jeans and hat, develop it in 4″x6″ and you make your invitation a keeper.
Now you are ready to have your BARNYARD BASH. Remember to take some pictures for me.
Search this site
It is my intention to give 'credit' to whoever the picture belongs to, but Ooops does happen. If you find pictures that belong to you without 'noted' source, please let me know.